Thursday, December 31, 2009

As a New Year Approaches...

A year is kind of a long time. What have I accomplished this year? I've wasted the last few months. That's for sure. I started country dancing this year and have met a lot of people through that. I have gone on a lot of dates, but nothing but disappointment has come from those. Disappointment and undeserved kisses. Ahhh...oh well. It happens. I worked a lot. Went to school a lot, but not nearly as much as I ought to have. I got a couple of pairs of cowboy boots! I started playing volleyball on Tuesday nights again. I haven't lost any friends, that I know of, and made even more friends. I became less judgemental. I became more patient and understanding. I got out of shape and started working on getting back in shape. I decided to join the army reserves. I got my first speeding ticket (ouch $240)! I discovered a little bit more about who I am. I lost all feeling of self-worth and started gaining it back. I also got my big ol' belt buckle, which I'm quite proud of, even though I didn't earn it in a rodeo or anything. I started eating spinach more than fruit. I started drinking water a billion times more than I drink juice. I really did make a lot of new friends. Awesome people. I've had my heart surprisingly broken a little and realized that my heart was not quite mended from years before. I've become more career oriented than boy oriented. I've started checking out trucks. I've made big mistakes and learned from them. I've cried, but laughed a heck of a lot more! I've changed my major, unofficially, about 3 times. I've started watching out for myself more. I realized that there are some guys that I'll possibly never really get over. I took an art class and started getting my creativity back. I've realized how...unique...I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you accomplished this year? You've accomplished so much and you just don't even know it!

1. You got through your first year of college! (Some kids don't even get through their last year of high school hahahahaha)
2. You joined the army reserves which is totally amazing and hooah because who knows, you might be working with Brian someday! yay!
3. I totally agree with everything you've been saying though...you've grown so much and you've helped me so much too. you're such a positive influence in everyone's lives because you're so happy and motivating and awesome. I almost didn't want to do PT until I started talking to you! You're the best ever! :)

Mickeyfars said...

Oh! You're so sweet! Thanks doll! btw...we missed you this weekend...but we hope you had fun in kentucky.