Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Good Conversation

I don't feel like going to sleep tonight. I don't know why. Do I fear what the morrow brings? Well, I really need to get caught up in my studies. I already feel as though I am quite behind, which is ridiculous, as it's only first week of school! I went to the library and studied for a bit tonight, but then I saw David White and started talking to him. It was admittedly one of the best conversations I've had in a while. We actually talked about substantial stuff. I haven't had a conversation in which I've actually had to think, and in which I have been able to express some of my philosophies of life and questions. It's probably been even longer since I've talked to somebody who actually thinks about that stuff, or I suppose, admits to thinking deeply about life. It was a grand experience. I really want to have more conversations like it, because it really expanded my paradigm. I want to think more about, well, everything! What do I believe in, and why? What are my theories? How do I treat things? I also need to concentrate more on school. I already have a lot of concentration on it, however, I could do so much better. I always say that I will do better, but very rarely do I actually act upon my "goals." I suppose it's just nice to finally talk to somebody who knows what they want, and is actually working hard to achieve it. It inspires me. What do I want? Well, I suppose that is an excellent question. I want to get in shape. I want to get A's in all of my classes. I want to understand the material that I am taught, not just get the grade, but also obtain that knowledge. I want to learn at least one more language. I love language. I believe it is so much fun! I am so exuberated to get my linguistics book! Man, and I really need to get my Spanish book as well. I hope that they come very rapidly. Very soon. As is typical, I really don't know what I want on the love side. I need to just concentrate on my studies and not worry about boys, but something inside me really wants to concentrate on boys, as well...not boys, but men! haha Anyway, I suppose that's just the nature of being a girl. I wonder if I'm superficial. I suppose a lot of people are. This probably goes along with the mask theme. You may refer back to my mask poem. Anyway, I really should be going to sleep very soon. I heard an awesome Portuguese saying tonight "Duerma con los angeles...pero no los toquen." I wonder why you're not supposed to touch them. Superfixe actually told me the saying, but he didn't know why you can't touch them. I wonder what my dialect is like. Do I have a dialect...well, of course I do! But how is it different than other peoples'? We talked a little about dialects today in linguistics. It's a fascinating subject. Anywho, I suppose I'll update ya'll later...although I'll probably be the only one to read this, which probably is good!

No comments: